Sunday, July 28, 2013

Meeting with the designer

After the few cancellation of appointments to my designer and bridal couture, our meeting finally happened yesterday. I still have 5 months before my big day so i did not worry much on my wedding dress, i thought it will be easy.  I needed to cancel my previous appointments because of the condition of my wedding coordinator who was then expecting a baby and gave birth last month.  We are almost at the end of July so I ask my wedding coordinator to meet with the designer even without her.  She advised me to prepare for the meeting, to show the look that I want, discuss my theme and the designs on my mind.  So I came prepared.

Few weeks back, I asked my colleague Jun Barnes to design a wedding gown for me, I let him work with his creative and artistic mind and design a gown which he thinks will suit my personality.  After a week of our chitchat, he came up with 3 designs.  I was fascinated with all his designs and the one that stole my heart is this:


I showed this to my designer and she thinks that this design will look good on me.  I also showed her some of my captured designs from the web and relay to her the vintage look that I like.  After our meeting, she returned the design to me as she will create another design to integrate all my ideas.  My designer made me promise not to show the design to my hubby-to-be, it should be a surprise for him.  

5 months is already very tight.  I am expecting to receive the new design today and next week will be my first fitting, will also choose the fabrics and the shades of my gown.  Wow! I can already feel the pressure, I still have my entourage and the dresses for our moms and sisters.  They are also already scheduled to choose their preferred designs and the measurement by next week.   

... I am feeling so excited for my first fitting, but I hope I will still lose some weight on the coming months... Need to control my diet, no sweets come August... A small sacrifice to look good on my big day.  :)

8 comments:

  1. Ka excited naman ang grand wedding mo. Hope to see your wedding pictures ha:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mommy joy.. Will surely share my pictures.. Michi, maning ariel and ethan are invited... If you are here, I will be very glad if you could come too.

      Delete
  2. Wow! galing naman ni Jun magdesign. Super sexy ng gown mo. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo nga, i couldn't believe dati na marunong sya magdesign, i thought mga scribbles lang yung model then maganda yung dress... sya detailed pati face, arms and hands.
      eto yung pinakasimple sa mga designs nya, yung other 2 yun talaga ang sexy and super glamorous. galing noh?

      Delete
  3. Kinikilig ako for you. My heart may be in tatters but I still love seeing other women happy. Stay happy please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kathy, I will surely be happy...
      hoping your heart will soon be healed and find Mr. Right guy.

      Delete
  4. Isama mo kami sa wedding preparations mo tru this blog ha... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure sure... sobrang excited na ako, talgang napapa-blog ako ^_^

      Delete