Friday, August 10, 2012

A very gloomy day


I was so happy that finally the flood already subsided and Mr. Sun kissed my skin today.  Though I have an approved Vacation Leave for today (filed for the supposedly Boracay Trip for the ECB Team), I opted to go work because I am quite guilty on "not so fully utilized me" working from home from the previous days.  I'm happy greeting my Boss a happy birthday and seeing my colleagues doing "kulitan" again and I started scribing the "Things to do" for today.

I went out for a field call and visited my previous company.  After my 2 meetings there, I dropped by my good friend's cube and had some exchanges of hugs and hellos.  I've known Rose since Intel Days (2006) and we transferred to Onsemi right after Intel closed its facility here in the Philippines.  We were lunch buddies, text-mate, phone-mate and I became close to their group though we are from different departments.  Before I left for 3M (my current company), she got married and got pregnant a year after.  We were so happy to know that she was bearing a baby boy and a baby girl - a TWIN!!!

5 months old - Baby Miguel and Baby Sophia
Every time I have schedule meetings in Onsemi, I usually drop by her cube if time permits and hold her tummy or just wave and send flying kisses if I am with my sales or with my boss.  On the 5th month, she was advised by her OB to stop working and have a bed rest because the baby girl is quite small and needs to be very careful.  On the 7th month, she experienced spotting, and knowing that they are first time parents, they didn't know what to do.  So she called up her OB and then was rushed to the hospital. The OB said, she's already at 4cm so she is already in Labor, she in fact didn't experience any labor pain... she was CS to ensure both babies will be safely delivered, they were named: Antonio Miguel and Sophia Marie

The twins since they're only 7 months old in her tummy need to be incubated.  The vent support is needed since the lungs are not yet fully developed.  Miguel is bigger than her sister Sophia.  Mommy Rose was discharged from the hospital after 4 days and the twins were left in their incubators. During the evening, the hospital called her up about something about Miguel.  The couple rushed into the hospital and then they saw the oxygen level of Miguel dropping until it reached 50, 40, 30, 20, 10... then zero.  The doctor said, they'll still try if the baby will still respond on the medication, but the couple saw that the chest of baby Miguel was already bluish from the attempt of reviving him.  The couple was given a choice to continue or to give him up. It was so painful seeing their little boy like that and knowing the baby suffered enough, they decided to give up.
Sophia, the smaller one has somehow survived for few more days.  She also suffered oxygen saturation the same as his kuya Miguel.  It was so painful for the couple especially for Rose.  She couldn't understand why this happened to them, she got lots of questions and all are "WHYs".

Two weeks after another friend lost her 4 month old boy due to "Meningococcemia."  The doctor said, the boy must have gotten the virus from one of the visitors from his Christening (4 days back).  It was also very unexpected.  The mom was also so hurt and no one can console her.  Rose however, though still mourning for her babies tried and all her questions was thrown back to her.  She didn't know how to answer for she herself don't know the answer.  She felt she needed to be strong for this other mom, and Rose finally found the answers to both their questions.  "It was God's decision, they are now safe in heaven, etc."...  Until now, the other mom is still holding on to Rose, she needs more consoling from her and Rose is becoming even stronger for her.

...Rose got back from her maternity leave before end of July.  I saw her several times but didn't ask anything related to the twins.  Today, when I visited her in her cube, she felt I was avoiding asking her about the twins.  She opened the topic by showing me their pictures and alas! my tears were already flowing.  She was so strong, she didn't cry even while sharing me the journeys of her two angels.  She's optimistic that they are in the good hands of God.  Their faith to God became more stronger... I'm happy that they are still willing to try again.  May God bless Rose and her husband.

... Going back to the office, I needed to stop by the gasoline station in SLEX.  I couldn't stop crying and I am feeling so sad remembering the pictures of the twin. The rain suddenly started to pour down and everything became so gloomy afterwards.

4 comments:

  1. sad story. iba yung feeling talaga. nung nagkamiscarriage ko ang dami ko din why's. hindi ko pa nakikita yung baby how much more kung nailabas mo na at nawala din agad.

    gaya ng ang sabi ng iba, pahiram lang ang mga anak and be thankful na nakasama mo sila kahit sa maikling panahon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i couldn't agree more...

      i am now feeling fear for myself, I didn't know that it is really risky bearing a child..I mean i know it's risky but not to this extent, i don't know how I can cope up if it will happen to me, knock on the wood, i hope it won't. i trust God has plans for everyone.

      Delete
  2. I really admired her faith. But it is true, the babies are now in heaven and although it hurts, God can bless them with another children and life has to go on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree Joy. May God bless them with many healthy children...

      Delete