Sunday, September 8, 2013

Buwan ng Wika

Because the kids didn't have their mom to look after them, I stepped up to do my sister's mommy duties.  The kids need a mommy the most especially when there are events in their school.  Yes, my niece and nephew both are now enrolled in school.  Ate Yanis on her Kinder II and Migs in prep.

It is already September but their school just celebrated Buwan ng Wika last Friday.  Rewind for a week,  I visited the kids one afternoon and checked out their diary in school.  The yaya forgot about the costumes required for their performance the next week.  Good thing, boyfie knows where we can buy costumes in Marikina. I only spent less than 500 for both of their costumes.

I took a half day leave to watch the kids performance.  The program was held in a covered basketball court in their village in Betterliving, Paranaque.  Migs was a challenge as he didn't want to wear his manlalatik costume.  We needed to persuade him that the costume is like Juan Dela Cruz's outfit and saying "Yun oh!" and took a lot of my convincing power before he finallywore it.  It was just a 2 minute walk but migs rode his bike going to the venue, pagbigyan... may sumpong pa... Hehehe!

It was the start of the program, Ate Yanis was about to have a solo opening prayer song but she was chickened so some of her classmates joined her in front.  Mahiyain masyado mga pamangkin ko, hayz!... 

And it was time for Migs to perform the Manlalatik.  Look at all his classmates, bigay na bigay sa pagpukpok ng mga bao, while Migs still has sumpong, he looked like he wanted to join but eventually chose to just stay in his chair. Hayz!


Afterwards, Ate Yanis danced the "Magkaugnay", she was also kind of shy but she danced so gracefully.  I was so proud of her.  I took a video and sent it to their mom.  She is also so proud of the kiddos.


It was indeed very fulfilling seeing the kids perform in event like this.  My half day leave was well spent and so worth it.

4 comments:

  1. Bait ni auntie:) sweet ng mga pamankin:) mana sa tita!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep yep... mas mana sa ate ko tong mga to, masyadong mahiyain.
      hopefully, they'll overcome the stage freight

      Delete
  2. Ang mura ng costume mo ha. Kung mabait ka na tita for sure, you'll be a good mom. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mura nga dun sa marikina, pero magaling tumawad si boyfie kaya mas lalong nakamura. per set na yung bili ko, P220 sa manlalatik and P200 sa malong plus P75 sa bao na 1 set (10 pieces).. total of P495.

      I really hope I'll be a good mom too... i don't know how but will just love them with all my heart. kaya nga idol ko kayong mag-asawa, at least from your sharing, I learned a lot sa pagiging parents and that made me super excited to have my own family. thanks michi and to your chubby hubby, este cute hubby. hahaha!

      Delete